Mama’s Tonic is a yummy blend of some of the most powerful immune building, anti-inflammatory, and cancer-fighting ingredients around. To improve my chances of warding off threats before they become a problem, I incorporate this drink into my diet every three to four days.
In addition to my maintenance dose of Mama’s Tonic, below is my personal list of healthy habits and disciplines that I work to strive after. I review this list every morning when I have my quiet time with God. It is a wonderful way to remind myself of the goals that I have set for the treatment of my temple, and it makes self-assessment and focused prayer much easier.
- Eat primarily a high-raw, whole-food, plant-based diet. Choose organic when possible and avoid GMO’s.
- Keep portions reasonable. Choose foods and proportions based on calorie density.
- Include fermented foods. Fermented foods are far superior to probiotic supplements.
- Eat a raw garlic clove each day. After the clove is chopped, make sure to let it sit for 5 minutes before eating.
- Drink a cup of healing tea each day.
- Avoid coffee, alcohol, and other stimulants.
- Drink half your body weight in ounces of water each day.
- Avoid using oils when cooking as much as possible. If oil is used, use high-quality oils for drizzling, dipping, and dressing – but only sparingly.
- Keep an eye on your B12, Omega 3/6 ratios, and vitamin D levels.
- Don’t neglect the sunshine and fresh air. Get your bare feet on the ground frequently.
- Practice a regular sleep/wake cycle.
- Get moderate exercise daily. Look to blend a program of of cardio, strength, and stretching.
- Rid your life of as many unnatural chemicals as possible.
- Practice additional stress reduction techniques such as:
- Biblical meditation and prayer
- Nature walks
- Quiet stretching
- Music therapy
- Art therapy
- Last, and most important, spend time daily with your Father in heaven. Pray (talk with Him) without ceasing, walk with Him in the Spirit throughout all of the moments in your days.
*Consume at your own risk. The spice amounts in Mama’s Tonic are within the reported safe zones for adults. Please note that excessive amounts of any spice can cause serious risk to those with compromised systems. Please ask your Dr. if you have any concerns before consuming.
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 banana
- 1 orange
- Blend all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender. Add ice to chill to your liking. Enjoy!
- > Variations: If you wish, you may also like to add a pinch of cayenne pepper for extra benefit. Also, try substituting the orange with apple, pineapple, mango, or mixed fruit. Have fun experimenting and see what you like.
- > A Note on Ingredients: When choosing your ingredients for this recipe, keep the words "fresh, whole, raw, non-gmo, and organic" in mind. The more of these adjectives that you have in your recipes, the higher the healing/support value for your body.
- *Consume at your own risk. The spice amounts in Mama's Tonic are within the reported safe zones for adults. Please note that excessive amounts of any spice can cause serious risk to those with compromised systems. Please ask your Dr. if you have any concerns before consuming.